Date(s) - 27/01/2023 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Alliance Manchester Business School
Join us at this CYGNA and NARTI event, co-organised by Professor Axèle Giroud (AMBS, University of Manchester) and Professor Annie Wei (CIBUL, University of Leeds).
With rapid changes taking place in the UK higher education sector, demands on academics to develop new pedagogy and adopt new teaching techniques, rising pressure to publish and engage in research, getting a job in academia and achieving success in one’s academic career have become increasingly difficult.
Opening Remarks: Professor Fiona Devine, Head of Alliance Manchester Business School
Speakers include (in alphabetical order):
- Professor Federica Angeli – Associate Dean of School, Research & Impact, University of York
- Professor Caroline Gatrell – Associate Dean, Research, University of Liverpool
- Professor Axèle Giroud – CIB Group Head, University of Manchester
- Professor Jill Johnes – Dean, Huddersfield Business School
- Professor Natasha Mauthner – Director of Research, Newcastle University Business School
- Professor Martyna Śliwa – Associate Dean for Ethics, Responsibility and Sustainability, University of Durham
- Facilitated by Professor Annie Wei , Deputy Pro Dean Research and Innovation, University of Leeds
Smaller group discussion amongst participants will follow to allow debates on solutions best suited for individual needs.
The event aims to be both informative by learning from experiences of senior women academics, and interactive for all participants to be fully engaged and network. It is open to all who are interested in the topic, including junior, mid-career and senior academics who seek to identify ways to progress and succeed in a fast changing, often uncertain and volatile, higher education landscape.
The event will start with welcome drinks and a buffet lunch, followed by a panel discussion and then group discussions. There will be refreshments served afterwards with the opportunity for networking.