Date(s) - 31/01/2022 9:30 am - 4:30 pm
As part of the NARTI/SAMS Resilience, Re-Focus and Re-balance Retreat Series for ECRs, we are pleased to offer a workshop on ‘The Resilient Researcher: Connecting to the Core of Researcher Life’ with Will Medd.
This workshop will help you to:
- Reconnect with what resources your resilience and well-being
- Be clear on your direction, know how to prioritise and set meaningful goals
- Explore what knocks you off balance and how to regain it
- Learn to manage self-limiting beliefs and build confidence
- Identify personal strategies to sustain everyday resilience and well-being
- Learn from the collective wisdom of the group
The challenges of research life can make it hard to sustain a sense of personal resilience and well-being. Research life can be unpredictable, precarious and challenging. Research life can feel chaotic and throw up a whole barrage of challenges that can include feeling overwhelmed at the tasks in hand; insecurities about funding uncertainties; self-doubt in a world of knowledgeable experts; confusion about the best way forward; and the impossibilities of balancing research and the rest of life. The list could go on.
This one-day, experiential and interactive coaching-based workshop will create an opportunity to re-engage with your own sense of personal resilience and well-being, and be challenged with how to bring that into your everyday life. Further details can be found in the attached document. Please note that due to the nature of the workshop, you will be expected to interact with the group as a whole and in break-out rooms.
If you would like to register your interest, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Monday 17th January 2022:
- Current status (postgraduate researcher or early career researcher) – if you are a postgraduate researcher, please state your current year of study
- Confirmation that you are able to fully commit to participating in the retreat
- A 200-word summary of why you would like to be considered for a place
If you have any questions about this retreat, please contact Jo Garrick (email@example.com)